Monday, April 13

DealExtreme - Really Cheap Suff

Hi I thought I'd start off my online store reviews with DealExtreme. DealExtreme is an online store that ships out from Hong Kong - they have a whole bunch of stuff and the free shipping is great as there is no minimum spend to get it.


I've had no problems with DealExtreme except some of the cheaper items having a short life and a fair wait for the shipping. I might review some of the stuff I've bought at DX later on but I got a bunch cheap LED torches, some camera accessories, keychains etc. I also got some eee pc stuff for my brother including a D.I.Y touch screen kit. Most of the stuff on DX you can also get on Ebay - normally you can even find it at a cheaper price although sometimes Ebay can be more of a  hassle  and  occasionally  the sellers are not  reliable.

Pros:
Free International Shipping - that's with no minimum spend!
Can use PayPal
Really cheap prices.
Large range of stuff.
Seem to be happy to refund/replace items (from what I've heard).
They tend to be quite upfront about whether or not a product is genuine or a knock off.

Cons:
Shipping can be quite slow (there is an express option but its not free).
Don't expect high build quality on really cheap stuff some of it will brake straight away or not work when you get them - read the reviews on items to get an idea about this.
If your not careful you will buy a whole heap of junk you don't need :)

Summery:
Cool online shop with free international shipping great if you don't mind a bit of a wait and are realistic about what quality you expect for the cheap stuff.

Notes:
If your importing stuff remember to check the customs regulations.
Prices are in US$ so remember to use a currency converter like XE to see what the prices will be in your currency.

Link: DealExtreme