Tuesday, April 2

Wera KK 10 Compact Bitholder and Bit Set - Review


In addition to the Wiha Magnetic driver I reviewed earlier I also got a Wera Kraftform Kompact 10 Compact Bitholder and Bit Set also from Amazon - I buy almost all my tool from overseas as there is more variety  and they are often much cheaper - I get most of them from the US, UK or Japan I'll mention some of the places I shop at in another post.


Firstly this is much smaller then I though when it was when I ordered it (I've put a battery next to it in one photo so you can see the scale of it), this has its pros and cons; you can pop it into just about any pocket or bag and you can use it in tight spaces but you won't be able to generate a lot of torque due to the small handle.




The holder is plastic and flips open to allow access the bits while you just press the handle in to the cutout from the side - but it all clicks in quite securely.


The bit holder is actually really good, I believe it is the same as the Wera Rapidaptor Bit Holder it is a magnetic hex holder with a locking ring - when you put a bit in the ring snaps back locking it in place, to release you push the ring forward and the bit is released - it's very easy to use and works a treat.


The bits are not particularly long and  because  the bit holder is a little wide you might have problems if a screw is in a deep hole (although you can use any standard bit - so you could just gab some longer ones)



The Kraftform Kompact is made by Wera, Wera is a German company although much of what they make is manufactured in other  countries I believe this is made in the Czech Republic but they also make some of their stuff in Taiwan (I can't find a marking of where it's made although it may have rubbed of if it was on the handle even so I how found the quality to be very good and the do offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

The are different sets wit a different selection of bits there is also an ESD(Electrostatic Discharge) version available to protect components against static electricity.

Most of the time I would rather use the Wiha Magnetic driver or a normal screwdriver but I pretty much always have tis set in my bag when I'm out so the best tool is the one you have with you and the build quality feels very solid.