Sunday, March 31

Wiha Magnetic Driver with 8 Bits in The Handle - Review

A while ago I was looking for a set of screwdrivers for my car and I came across Wiha’s Magnetic driver that holds driver bit’s in the handle on Amazon US


Wiha 38026 Standard Magnetic Driver with 8 Bits in The Handle

I wasn’t too confident about these multi drivers as I have used a few cheap ones in the past and they were all pretty rubbish but seeing as Wiha is a well-regarded brand and the driver was made in Germany (and not too expensive) I thought it would be worth a shot.

Here is a video of how the bit storage mechanism works:


There are simpler designs that probably do just as good a job but I just really like the action and design of this – it’s very clever and a pleasure to use.



The magnetic holder is very strong which for the most part is a good thing – it will magnetise your bits so if that’s a problem I’d look elsewise but for what I’m using it for I find this helpful.


The grip is very study and quite comfortable although screwdriver handles are a matter of taste it has got the same style of handle as some other Wiha drivers so if you have used them you have a good idea of what it is like.  There are also flat parts on the handle to stop it rolling around.


If you’re always working in one place then you’d be better off with a screwdriver set – obviously this is not going to be as good as a full set but I actually prefer this one driver to many cheapish complete sets I have used – it is very solidly built and the bits are really good quality. I’s also not as compact as some other multi drivers but generally they are not as good to use.

There are a few different variations on this product – some are insulated for electrical work and some have a different selection of bits so make sure you get the one you want.

Overall I highly recommend this screwdriver if you think this is the kind of thing you could see yourself using – I’m planning to pick up another one when the price is low (it fluctuates quite a bit, maybe check CamelCamelCamel to see how it's standing) also makes a good gift.

Link: Amazon - Wiha 38026 Standard Magnetic Driver with 8 Bits in The Handle